Saturday 9 April 2011

Magazine advert

After finishing my single artwork, I moved onto creating an advert which would be featured in a magazine advertising the single.
I wanted to keep the magazine advert related to the cover, but I also felt that it was a chance to link the original album to the new single. Therefore, I decided to stick with the urban look but with a feel similar to the original album artwork, in that certain colours and texts hold a slightly regal feel.
When looking for some inspirational pieces, I found myself trying different searches into Google to bring up some advert ideas. I found myself Googling 'music magazine poster', which is when I got my idea.
I wanted to keep the idea simple so that the message was put across swiftly, which is what adverts are generally meant to do. Therefore, I kept the poster fairly plain and simple, which also kept in line with the raw feel I went for with my single artwork. To do this, I used a rough brick wall as the backdrop, and roughed the paper edges using downloaded grunge brushes as an eraser. I also took time to choose my font carefully, so that it would be a relatively formal font which had been 'grunged' up. I created a faded look on the paper by turning the opacity down on most layers, so that everything layered into each other nicely. Below is the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment