Friday 8 April 2011

Single artwork back

After careful choosing and peer research, I decided to stick with my 3rd design of the single cover, which showed The Skints band name and single name on the London street sign post. Following this theme, I decided it would be an interesting idea to different kind of London street sign to incorporate the 3 track names for the single. Below is the original image I begun with.


The first thing to do was edit out the names. By using the clone stamp tool in Photoshop, this was nice and easy to do. I noticed the font was close to Times New Roman, so I colour picked the original text, and played with some blending options to make the text look realistic. Originally I expected to do the bevel option, but this didn't bring out the effect I had hoped, so I used a close drop shadow and changed the opacity of the text layers to blend into the background.
Next I decided I didn't like the building on the left, so I cloned that out. After finishing touches to make it look realistic, such as bar codes and copyrights, I finished with the image below. 




No comments:

Post a Comment