Thursday 11 November 2010

Contacting for permissions

I have contacted two members of The Skints via messaging on Facebook, in hope to get permission to film them at their gig on December 11th, which we are hoping we will be fitting into our video, along with narrative. 

Hey Marcia,
Been a fan of the Skints for a very long time, and I was wondering if there was a lyric sheet around for Up Against The Wall? I've got the album so I've got all those lyrics, but can't find a full lyric sheet for the new single. Is there one available?
Also, I'm currently studying media studies in year 13 at sixth form, and we've been given the task of creating a music video. I've decided to do a video for the new single, and I'm also considering doing some filming at the Camden Underworld gig for the video. Would it be alright to use the song for this project? It'll be non-profit, so no need to worry about that. 
Considering my brother has done the video for Mindless, I'll ask him about the technicalities of filming there, but I was also wondering if Up Against The Wall will be in the setlist for that gig? I presume it will, but just making sure so I can plan in advance.

Thanks for your help Marcia!
Michael Bobin


I have also contacted the venue at which the band are playing, Camden Underworld. This is to make sure I will be allowed to film at their film with permission in advance.


Hello,
My name is Michael Bobin and I am studying A level media studies at
West Hatch High School in Chigwell, Essex. This year for my studies I
am required to make a music video for my chosen band, and my group has
chosen The Skints, who are playing at your venue on December 11th.
I would like to enquire about whether filming in your venue would be
acceptable, if I also get permission from the band themselves. This
would involve two or three tripods on the stage, along with a few
handheld cameras in the audience with my group. This would be for one
song only. Would this be okey with your venue?

Thank you in advance,
Michael Bobin

No comments:

Post a Comment